Straighten your teeth at The Smile & Orthodontic Private Clinic
“It has been reported that many celebrities and people in the media world have had an orthodontic appliance fitted to produce a stunningly attractive smile including Cheryl Cole, Kate Middleton, Tom Cruise etc”.
We provide a range of services including clear, invisalign braces, lingual braces (hidden behind the teeth), fixed braces and teeth whitening to suit your needs and lifestyle
Enjoy the benefits of a beautiful smile!
- Straighten crooked teeth and transform your smile by gently encouraging your teeth into correct alignment.
- Correctly align your teeth to resolve gum disease, headaches, facial and jaw pain
- Make your mouth healthier and easier to clean
- A safe, effective treatment for adults and children
- Safely whiten your teeth with our expert practitioner
- A highly personalised service by Consultant Orthodontist Dr. Joseph Sherlock
- A wealth of experience from the most simple cosmetic cases to very complex cosmetic cases and rehabilitation of craniofacial and facial deformity
- Clear guidance to help you find a treatment perfectly suited to your needs.
How long will my treatment take?
- You could achieve your The Smile and Facial Rejuvenation Clinic in as little as 3 to 6 months.
- More complex problems can achieve a perfect smile in around 1 year.
Book your consultation today!
Call us on: 0207 474 6880
Or email us on: email@example.com
- Explore, in a relaxed way, all the options to create a perfect smile
Read About our Brace Systems
Invisible, Removable Braces – Invisalign®
£2900 – £5000
- The system works through a series of virtually invisible, removable, and comfortable aligners that no one can tell you’re wearing.
- New Invisalign® Braces can give you the beautiful straight teeth you’ve always wanted.
- The Invisalign® system provides a series of aligners that you change at set intervals.
- Each aligner is individually manufactured with exact calculations to gradually shift your teeth into place and is custom-made for your teeth and your teeth only, with a plan devised by you and your orthodontist.
Functional appliances are removable-type orthodontic braces mainly used in younger growing patients and adolescents to improve teeth position as well as to help the jaws to grow more favourably.
- Extremely effective at correcting jaw disproportions in younger growing patient
- Can produce a healthier jaw position and more attractive facial appearance
Our Six Month Smiles® short-term orthodontic treatment is a modern twist on tried-and-true orthodontics.
- Average treatment times of only six months
- Typically less expensive than traditional braces, aligner therapy, or veneers
- A common-sense, cosmetic solution to fit your lifestyle
- Appointments are fast and comfortable with Six Month Smiles Patient Tray Kits™
- Barely visible – Six Month Smiles Lucid-Lok® clear brackets and tooth-coloured wires are barely visible
- Low forces and short overall orthodontic treatment times increase comfort, safety, and hygiene
Fixed invisible Orthodontic Braces
Lingual Braces (placed behind the teeth)
1 arch £2500 – £4200 2 arches £4500 – £7500
Lingual can be used to discretely straighten teeth where the problem is more complex, and produces a beautiful smile.
- We have an excellent track record of using Lingual orthodontics to produce the most beautiful smiles
- Lingual braces are placed behind your teeth (i.e. on the tongue-side of the teeth) and are therefore completely invisible to other people.
- Achieve excellent cosmetic results
- Are not visible when talking or smiling
- Are very comfortable to wear
Orthodontists require special additional training to treat patients with lingual braces.
Not every orthodontist provides them, but Dr. Sherlock is a premier practitioner and has worked with many patients in this area. Dr. Sherlock is also a certified practitioner for The Incognito lingual brace system.
The Incognito System
The Incognito System is a high-tech appliance for patients with all different malocclusions and is completely invisible.
- Completely invisible
- Easy to keep clean
- The only one who knows you are having the treatment is you!
- First Fully customized lingual brace system in the world i.e. the system is designed individually for each patient!
- Designed by state of the art CAD/CAM robotic technology to ensure total precision…
- Versatile system: Incognito can produce a beautiful smile from teeth which present simple or very complex problems
The In-Ovation® LMTM system
In-Ovation® LMTM system is one of the Lingual braces used by Dr. Sherlock
- For patients seeking fast, cosmetic correction of misalignments
- An invisible solution
- Minor misalignments can be corrected in just a few months
- A breakthrough in cosmetic orthodontics
- Ideal for correcting minor to moderate cosmetic problems with teeth alignment in the most discrete way
Fixed Orthodontic Braces
Conventional Aesthetic Braces
1 arch £3000 – £4000 2 arches £3500 – £5000
Virtually everyone can be treated with ceramic or sapphire braces and it is suitable for both adults and children.
- Tooth-coloured ceramic or sapphire (translucent) braces are placed on the front of the teeth to blend into the colour of the natural teeth
- Far less visible than conventional metal braces
- Predictable and superb results……….
Conventional Metal Fixed Braces
1 arch £2500 – £3200 2 arches £3000 – £4200
The Inman Aligner can be a good solution for crowding or protrusion of the front teeth
- A removable brace with four high-technology coil springs.
- Minimally visible
- Straightens either the upper front teeth or front lower teeth where simpler problems with teeth alignment
- Most cases complete in 6-16 weeks
- Worn throughout the day and night
- Can be left out for important social occasions or business meetings
- Correction of the teeth position is really fast, very safe
- Reasonably priced compared to other systems
- Your front teeth can be gently guided to an ideal position in a matter of weeks
Rapid straightening of the front teeth without anyone knowing about it!
- Social 6 gives more control over treating rotations and certain angulations of the teeth.
- Made up of 6 or more brackets bonded to the front teeth and a fine wire running through the brackets.
Frequently asked questions
What is orthodontics?
A specialist area of dentistry concerned with the development of the teeth and jaws and the correction of problems that occur with the teeth and jaw positions.
What is a Consultant in Orthodontics?
As an orthodontic consultant Dr. Sherlock is amongst the most highly-trained dental specialists in the world. He is one of only a few in the UK.
- Consultants are educated to the very highest level
- Can treat at the highest level including cosmetic and complex orthodontic, jaw and facial deformity problems
- Completed at least an extra 2 to 3 years of orthodontic training, in addition to specialty orthodontic and dental training
Additional training enables Consultants to develop the skills needed to treat the most complex orthodontic problems as well as enhancing the quality of the orthodontic treatment overall.
Can adults have orthodontic treatment?
“There is no age limit for orthodontics; it can be done at any time of life”
- You are never too old to have treatment!
- If you have a complex problem Dr. Sherlock can work with your dentist and other dental specialists to achieve the perfect smile.
When can a child begin orthodontics?
- Early treatment may begin at around 7-8 years of age for problems involving the positions of the jaws, or unhealthy teeth positions, or to encourage favourable jaw and dental arch development.
- At age 9-10 a child should see an orthodontist to check on the development of the permanent teeth and sometimes at this time orthodontics is started.
- The most common time to start ‘full’ orthodontic treatment is around 11 to 14 years of age when most of the permanent teeth have come into the mouth.
Why do I need orthodontic treatment?
As well as enabling you to correct crooked teeth, ‘The Smile and Facial Rejuvenation Clinic’ Orthodontic treatment can also improve the function and health of your teeth and, in some cases, improve also the health of jaws and joints.
How long does orthodontic treatment take?
Many of Dr. Sherlock’s simpler orthodontic cases can complete the treatment in between 3 to 9 months.
Dependent on the problem to be treated it can vary from a few months to 2 years.
What types of braces are there?
- Clear aligners like Invisalign are removable and barely visible
- Fixed braces attached to the teeth on the front or the backs of the teeth
- Braces are made of steel, ceramic (tooth-coloured) or gold.
- Functional appliances used in children to correct positions of the jaws are made of acrylic.
Can braces be totally invisible?
Yes, braces placed on the backs of the teeth (i.e. lingual braces) are totally invisible to others. Clear braces (aligners) like Invisalign™, are only slightly visible.
What is a functional appliance?
A type of brace used in children and adolescents to correct positions of the jaws while the child is growing.
What is lingual orthodontics?
Braces are placed on the backs/ inner surface of the teeth and are therefore totally invisible.
What is ‘invisalign’?
- Treatment with clear plastic aligners instead of fixed braces.
- These ‘Invisalign’ braces are barely visible.
What is orthognathic surgery?
It’s surgery on the jaws to correct the position of the jaws and improve the way in which the upper and lower teeth fit together
What is a retainer?
- After braces are removed the teeth must be kept straight while the bone and gums adapt to the new tooth position
- Retainers can be removable or fixed (i.e. stuck to the backs of the teeth).